A meat grinder is a very handy appliance to have in your kitchen for a number of different reasons, and there are hundreds of brands and products to choose from. So much so that it can be almost impossible to know which one will be the best for you. Well, that’s where we come in. As usual, we aim to please, and we have brought you five of the absolute best electric meat grinders that are currently available in the market. Once again we have done all of the necessary research that you could possibly need in order to make your decision that little bit easier.
Meat grinders can make your foods much healthier, as you know exactly what goes into every burger and sausage, and you get the joy of making the food yourself, saving you a lot of money in the long run. Not only are meat grinders a kitchen essential, they also make great gifts. We have created a detailed breakdown of everything that you need to know to buy an electric meat grinder for yourself, or for a loved one, so you know that you’re buying a gift that they will absolutely love.
If you are interesting in purchasing a new meat grinder for you or a loved one then keep reading, as we have the best options that won’t break the bank, but will still offer you a great product. Read through each review and then the detailed buying guide to find out exactly what you need, as well as which meat grinder will best fill your needs. We hope you enjoy reading this and that we have helped to alleviate some of the work that goes into making your next big kitchen appliance purchase, whether it be for you or your friends and family.
STX International STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder
- The STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder has a 3000 watt peak output power, giving you powerful meat grinder that can handle any meat of your choosing.
- With three speeds: high, low and reverse, you can ensure that all of the meat is properly ground and processed to give you the best results.
- With a 2” input and 2.5” output, you can grind and process much larger meats than with some of the smaller options, giving you plenty of options.
- The STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder offers you three stainless steel cutting blades so that you can create different finishes on your meat, ranging from fine to coarse.
- Each grinder comes with a 1 year fixed warranty that includes parts and labour, protecting you completely.
- The meat grinder weighs 12 pounds, making it very lightweight.
- The STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder has a very compact design so it doesn’t take up too much room on the counter top.
- The lightweight design makes the STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder easy to move around and use, even for those with smaller frames.
- The range of options in the cut of your meat and the larger capacity for size means that you have a range of opportunity with the STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder that other meat grinder products do not offer.
- Three speeds allow you full and complete control over the meat that you process and the effect that it produces, so you can produce just about anything, from sausages to burgers.
- The powerful wattage ensures that you can power through even the toughest of meats.
- The stainless steel body is incredibly easy to clean and maintain so that you can keep your meat grinder safe, clean and sanitary.
- The extensive warranty gives you complete protection should you encounter any issues with your STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder.
- The sausage tubes can cause a clogging in the middle of the meat grinder and this makes it difficult to use and even more difficult to clean out.
- The stuffing accessories to not allow for a free flow of the meat into the casings, and this can cause gaps in the casings, which can cause the sausages to break and leak sausage meat.
- When cleaning the STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder, you need to dry the parts immediately, otherwise you can risk the parts becoming rusty, and this poses a serious health risk and possible breakage of the grinder.
- The buttons are set into the grinder in such a way that makes them very difficult to clean, and this can be highly unsanitary in the long term, especially as the grinder works with raw meat often.
- The grinder will not work well with any kind of gristle or bone that can naturally get caught in most meats.
The STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder wins the award for top product on this list, as it offers you some amazing uses and elements that are of great use in the kitchen.
It is one of the most powerful options, as well as being very easy to clean, however it does require a higher level of care and attention in order to use some of the accessories and ensure that it is clean all over. However, despite some minor issues with the STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder, it is still one of the best meat grinders that you can buy for a very competitive price. If you are looking for a new meat grinder for your kitchen then the STX-3000-TF Meat Grinder is definitely the one to consider.
Gourmia GMG7500 Plus Electric Meat Grinder
- Made from extra strong metal, this meat grinder is built to last, and is sure to offer you all strength and power that you need to make everything that you wish to.
- With 800 watts of power, the blades slice through all kinds of meat with ease.
- There are three different cutting plates so you have full control over your meat, and you can decide if you want a fine, normal or coarse grind.
- The Gourmia GMG7500 weighs only 14 pounds, making it very lightweight and portable.
- With three different sizes of sausage tube accessory you can create anything from cocktail sausages to bratwurst.
- Gourmia have added in a handy recipe book so that you can get used to the machine and get some great inspiration for everything that you can create with your Gourmia GMG7500.
- Food pusher tray ensures an even and powerful grind.
- The Gourmia GMG7500 is crafted from superior, strong materials so that you can be sure it can handle any kind of meat and grind.
- With three different cutting plates and three different sausage tube sizes, you are in complete and total control of your food and you can create all of the burgers and hot dogs you could possibly need.
- The lightweight and compact design makes the meat grinder easy to move and store, and doesn’t take up too much room on the kitchen counter.
- The Gourmia GMG7500 is incredibly powerful, effortlessly slicing through all manner of meats.
- The Gourmia GMG7500 is powerful enough to even cope with small amounts of bone and gristle that naturally occur in some meats.
- The specially designed pushing plate ensures an even flow of the ground meat so that you can create perfect sausage links and burger patties with ease.
- The removable parts of the Gourmia GMG7500 are not dishwasher safe, so the entire machine must be carefully washed by hand.
- If the parts are not carefully cleaned and dried they can rust or turn black and the grinder will be left unusable.
- The plunger tube is made from plastic and is much more likely to crack or snap with frequent use.
- The lid of the plunger is not a screw top, it snaps into place and this can also gradually wear down and become loose with time.
- The body of the Gourmia GMG7500 can easily smudge and scratch, which eventually makes it look very worn out and messy.
- The Gourmia GMG7500 is slightly heavier than some other options on this list, making it difficult for elder people or those with a slighter frame.
- The grinder can take a lot of upkeep to keep it clean and stain free.
The Gourmia GMG7500 is the best buy on this list due to its incredible value and ease of use. If you are looking for a top quality meat grinder for a comparative price then look no further than this fantastic meat grinder.
With plenty of accessories and supreme control over the grind and size of your meats, you can create a range of foods to save money and stay healthier. Although the Gourmia GMG7500 is a bit more difficult to keep clean, it is definitely worth the money, as the vast range of features is well worth the little bit of extra work required to keep the meat grinder clean and sanitary. Whether you are looking for a meat grinder for personal use or for a gift for a loved one, the Gourmia GMG7500 is a fantastic product.
VonShef Digital Electric Meat Grinder
- The VonShef Digital Electric Meat Grinder offers a powerful 500 Watt motor that easily cuts through even the toughest of meats.
- The motor of the meat grinder runs much more quietly than other meat grinders available on the market, making it perfect for those with households that are sensitive to noise.
- With stainless steel knife blades, the VonShef Digital Electric Meat Grinder is able to slice through meat and gristle with ease.
- The digital display window allows you to see the amount of time left on the grind and the options you have chosen.
- Three different sizes of cutting plates gives you full control over the grind of your meats.
- The VonShef Digital Electric Meat Grinder weighs just over 11 pounds, making it a very lightweight design.
- The body of the meat grinder is a polished stainless steel finish to fit in with any style and design of kitchen.
- The powerful motor allows you to grind any kind and amount of meat quickly and easily.
- The digital display makes it very easy to read and decide on the option and thickness of grind without having to manually grind the meat by yourself.
- The lightweight and compact design makes the grinder easy to move and store, and will not take up too much space on a counter or in a cupboard.
- The motor of this meat grinder runs at a much quieter level than many of its competitors, and this is perfect for households that are more sensitive to noise.
- With a range of cutting blade sizes you can have complete control over the thickness of the grind of your meat.
- The stainless steel parts and finish make the VonShef Digital Electric Meat Grinder easy to wipe down and looking clean and almost new.
- The VonShef Digital Electric Meat Grinder is not suitable for cleaning in dishwashers and must be carefully hand washed and oiled in order to keep it working at optimum levels.
- The input tube of the meat grinder is relatively small, so any meat that you put into the grinder must be pre-cut in order to fit properly and avoid a jam.
- There is a small hole in the design of the grinder that can be filled with meat and if not cleaned properly this meat will rot and this is incredibly unsanitary.
- The VonShef Digital Electric Meat Grinder can turn on by itself after a cool off period and this is incredibly unsafe if the grinder is left unattended.
- The pushing mechanism is not as strong as other options, so sausages and burger patties can jam and become stuck or be overfilled and this results in bursting.
- This meat grinder is relatively more complicated to use than other options available, making it difficult to use for those who are not as skilled with technology.
- The on button is too small to be pushed with your finger, instead it must be turned on with something smaller in order to get the machine to work.
The VonShef Digital Electric Meat Grinder is a great meat grinder for those who are just starting out, as it offers everything that you need from a basic meat grinder without a hugely expensive price tag.
The main drawback of the VonShef Digital Electric Meat Grinder is that it is weaker than other options on this list, and on the market, so it can be difficult to get an even flow of meat, however it is still a great option if you want to try making your own meat products.
Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 ETL LongLife Electrical Meat Grinder
- The Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 offers you up to an 80% longer life than other options on the market, so you can be sure that you are getting the most from your purchase.
- The meat grinder runs at 400 watts, making it powerful enough to cut through all kinds of meat.
- This meat grinder grinds up to 3 pounds per minute so that you can create your foods much faster and more efficiently.
- The design of the motor is specially crafted to reduce the chances of burnouts and increase fire safety that exceeds US standards.
- The Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 weighs less than 10 pounds, making it one of the lightest options on this list.
- The stainless steel design of the parts and body are very easy to wipe down and clean for easy maintenance and supreme hygiene.
- The Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 comes with three grinding plates and three sausage tubes so that you have complete control over the size and grind of your meat products.
- The lightweight design of the grinder is easy to move around and store and will not take up too much room on a counter top or in a cupboard.
- With an 80% longer life you can be sure that this meat grinder will last a lot longer than other options so that you are making the most of your purchase.
- With three blades and three sausage tube sizes you can create a wide range of meat products with ease.
- The motor of the Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 is carefully designed and manufactured to ensure high levels of safety and reduce the chances of burnouts and fires.
- The stainless steel body and blades are very easy to wipe down and clean in order to keep the meat grinder clean, safe and sanitary.
3 Key Pros
- Easy to clean
- Very safe
- The Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 runs very loudly and this makes it unsuitable for households that are more sensitive to noise.
- The parts of the meat grinder are not suitable for dishwasher cleaning and must be cleaned by hand.
- The parts can rust easily if not dried immediately and this rust is unsanitary and can render the meat grinder unusable.
- The low wattage motor can sometimes struggle with larger or tougher types of meat.
- The Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 does not offer as many accessories as other meat grinder products available on the market, so it is unsuitable for those who want to use the grinder for a large variety of meats and meat products.
- There are not as many speeds as some other options available and this can limit the user on how much they can create with the Avan-Pacific UMG-1801, and how fast they can create their products.
- The plunger is not as strong as other machines and this causes an uneven flow of meat into sausage tubing.
3 Key Cons
- Not dishwasher safe
- Struggles with creating even flow
The Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 is a great option for a home electrical meat grinder as it is a simple model with a great length of life. This meat grinder offers you all that you need to create your own sausages, mince and burger patties without overcomplicating any of the features.
The incredible length of life makes the Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 well worth the purchase as you can be sure that it will last as long as possible. The main drawback of the Avan-Pacific UMG-1801 is that it is not as strong as other options on the market and it can struggle with creating larger products, as the flow is not as steady.
Della 1400 Watt Industrial Electric Meat Grinder
- The Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder offers a 1400 Watt motor that can power through all kinds of meat without any issue or grind.
- There are three grinding plates so that you can create fine, normal or coarse grinds.
- There are a number of different attachments and accessories to give you a range of options when creating your meat products.
- The Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder weighs only 8 pounds, making it the lightest option on this list.
- The meat grinder is one of the smallest and most compact designs.
- Stainless steel construction makes this meat grinder very easy to clean and maintain.
- The wide input throat of the Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder makes it perfect for all sizes of meat without the ne to pre prepare.
- The fast motor can produce between 3 and 4 pounds of ground meat per minute for fast and efficient use.
- The powerful motor cuts through even the toughest of meats in a matter of minutes, so that there are no limits on the amount of meat that you can create.
- The stainless steel parts of the Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder are very easy to clean and maintain for safe and hygienic use.
- The grinder gives you a number of attachments and blade sizes to create all kinds of different products and meats.
- The wide throat of the Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder eliminates any need for pre-preparing your meats, making it ideal for larger and tougher meats.
- The fast motor powers through large amounts of meat in a matter of minutes.
- The Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder is completely automatic, all you have to do is press a button.
- This meat grinder is one of the most lightweight options currently available to buy, perfect for smaller kitchens and those with a more petite frame.
3 Key Pros
- Easy to clean
- The Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder is not dishwasher safe, it must be hand washed and properly maintained with oil.
- The meat grinder is quite loud when running, making it unsuitable for households that are more sensitive to noise.
- The larger input tube can cause difficulty in catching all of the meat and grinding it all evenly.
- The Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder can be very difficult to get used to when using, and this makes it less suitable for those who struggle with technology.
- The parts of the grinder can rust if not properly dried after washing and this is unsanitary and can cause issues in the running of the machine.
3 Key Cons
- Not dishwasher safe
- Can rust if not maintained
- Difficult to get used to
The final option on this list is the Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder. This meat grinder is an excellent option for a meat grinder that offers high power and a low body weight for those with smaller kitchens and cupboards.
The main drawback of the Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder is that it can be a little bit more difficult to get used to than other options and it requires a lot more upkeep than other options. However, it is still an impressively powerful electrical meat grinder for its size and weight, offering you a fully automatic grinder. If you are looking for a grinder to suit your needs, or to purchase one for a friend or family member, then the Della 1400 Watt industrial Electrical Meat Grinder is a fantastic, fully automatic meat grinder to suit a variety of needs.
Electrical vs Manual Meat Grinder
When looking for a meat grinder there are both manual and automatic options available to buy, and both have their own pros and cons. This article focuses on an electrical meat grinder, but this is not to say that manual options are not just as good as their electrical and automatic counterparts.
An electrical meat grinder, however, offers you completely automatic grinding as opposed to having to manually crank a meat grinder throughout the process. This offers you the option of multitasking and doing other things as your meat is ground to perfection. This is a lot easier, especially for those who have less upper body strength or for those who are slightly older, as the motor will do all of the work for you in order to produce your meat products on the other side.
An electrical meat grinder is also a lot easier to set up and maintain than a manual meat grinder, as it easily fits together and sits on the table top, where a manual option requires proper clamping and set up before it can be used.
The final pro of an electrical meat grinder is that it is a lot more sanitary. It can easily be taken apart and cleaned, whereas a manual grinder can leak meat and juices much more than an electrical grinder will.
Factors to Consider
When making any new purchase there is a lot to consider before actually going through with the purchase. You should make sure that you are completely sold on a product before you buy, as this will give you the best product that will suit your needs. This part of the article has put together some of the most important factors to consider when you are buying a new meat grinder so that you can better define your needs and understand the different categories and features that different brands and models can offer you. This will set you up to get the best product possible.
Quantity of meat
Before you go about researching an electrical meat grinder you need to assess and understand just how much meat you will actually be grinding with your machine. The more meat that you are grinding the more powerful the motor needs to be in order to cope with the larger load, and you should aim to spring for a long or an extended warranty in order to protect you from the wear and tear that your motor and machine parts will go through if you are grinding large amounts of meat. For smaller amounts of meat you can go for a lower motor, as you will not need the higher power and it will just add unnecessary cost onto your purchase.
If you are going to be grinding a lot of meat then it is important that you get the most durable option with the longest warranty possible. You should also be careful to buy a meat grinder that is crafted with the highest quality materials and parts so that you can ensure the life of your electrical meat grinder. Ensuring the quality may add a bit of extra expense, but it will be well worth it so that you do not have to keep repurchasing a new electrical meat grinder when the original one kicks the bucket.
Maintaining your meat grinder is of upmost importance in order to make it last and keep it in proper working order. Most electrical meat grinders take a lot of care and are usually not available for cleaning in a dishwasher, they also require proper drying almost immediately after drying to prevent rusting. To keep the electrical grinders in proper working order also requires regular oiling in order to keep the parts lubricated, so make sure you understand exactly what upkeep is required of you before you purchase!
A lot of meat grinders add extra accessories so that you can create a larger amount of meat products than the simpler models, but they should also contain the basics. These basics consist of a plunger, sausage tubing and a number of different sized wheels so that you have a bit more control over the thickness and grind of your meat. Ensuring that you have the basics makes it easier for you to find the right option if you are a beginner, and as you become more experienced you can spring for more accessories, as almost every brand will offer extras.
Budget is very important, as it is the thing that will give you the most insight as to what you can purchase and what these different models will offer you. A with most purchases, more expensive models will give you better features, and it is always preferable to go more expensive if you can. Make sure you know what your budget it, or briefly how much you want to spend before you look into what models you want to buy so that you don’t fall in love with a product that is completely out of your price range.
The possibility of a standing mixer
Many standing mixers actually have the possibility of adding a meat grinder as an attachment, and this offers you a lot of extra features from a standing mixer as well as a powerful meat grinder. However, if you do not have a need for a standing mixer, or if your current standing mixer does not give the opportunity for a meat grinding attachment then you will need to find a separate meat grinding product rather than a standing mixer and meat grinder combination. Make sure that you know all of the options available to you before you make a decision on the best product for your needs.
Online reviews can give you some great insight into the product that you want to buy and what is good or bad about the model itself. Make sure you do some research into the problems that other buyers have found with the model that you want to buy so that you know how covered you are by the warranty and what you can perhaps expect when purchasing your new meat grinder. This will give you better insight as to how good the product really is in relation to the company advertising how good it is.
We hope that this has helped you to better understand the options that are out there are what you will actually need to take into account before buying a standing mixer so that you aren’t left with a product that you cannot use or is too elaborate for your needs. We hope that these considerations will help you to cut the cost and find the best product for your needs, providing you with only the best meat grinder options.
Best Meat Grinder Brands
With hundreds of different brands currently selling meat grinders and meat grinding products on the market, finding the best brand can be a real problem for those who are new to buying a meat grinder. This part of the article breaks down five of the best brands so that you can find the brand that will offer you the perfect meat grinder to fill your needs. This list has been carefully researched and developed to bring you the best brands when you are looking for a brand new, state of the art meat grinder.
STX international are a brand that lies under the umbrella brand of Mercantile Station 2, who specialise in bringing you only the top quality merchandise and kitchen appliances. Mercantile Station 2 was established in 1982, and has since become one of the largest companies in the USA to give you direct service when buying a new product. This gives you an incredibly trustworthy reputation and completely cuts out the middleman, so that any warranties and issues are dealt with directly from the provider.
Mercantile Station 2 are famous for some of their major home appliances and constantly aim to develop and improve new technology in order to bring you only the best brand and the best products. When looking for a new meat grinder for personal use, or for family, you can be sure that buying from STX International will offer you the best products for the best prices.
Sunmile is a company that is based in China and have developed their company into an international best seller.
Sunmile offer some of the best and most extensive products for around the home, and their kitchen appliances are revered world wide as some of the best available to purchase. The Sunmile brand offers you an extensive warranty with full coverage so that you can be sure you are achieving a top quality product, whilst also being completely covered in the case of breakage or malfunction.
Sunmile prides themselves in being highly reliable, building products that will last and will offer you everything you need for a productive kitchen and delicious food. When you’re looking for a new kitchen product, they offer everything from food processors to hot irons, so you can be sure that they will offer you an excellent meat grinder that will fit all of your needs, wants and specifications.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, Gourmia have a passionate history in the development of new and innovative kitchen appliances and products. They develop tools that aim to make life in the kitchen easier and much more enjoyable, so you know that they are a brand that you can rely on.
Gourmia offer products that are useful in every area of the kitchen, and focus of the quality and durability of their products. When looking for a new meat grinder then look no further than Gourmia in order to find a product that will offer you everything you could possibly need.
VonShef is another popular brand in the kitchen in order to help you create all of the culinary creations that you could possibly think of. From juicers to meat grinders, VonShef promises to offer you a full range of products that are ideal for your home kitchen, as well as a range that is suited for industrial kitchens in order to develop an extensive and expansive amount of food. When looking to buy your next big purchase you should definitely take VonShef into account, their products are high quality and offer you an incredible durability to make the most of your money.
Avan Pacific is a company that is solely based on Amazon and focuses on appliances for the kitchen. Their selection of meat grinders have some of the best designs and manufacturing on the market, and their durability is incomparable. Although they are not a well established company, Avan Pacific still aim to provide you with all of the features and specifications that you could achieve with a professional and well established brand, making them a good contender when you are looking to buy a new meat grinder for personal use, for a friend, or for an industrial kitchen.
How to Find The Best Meat Grinder to Suit Your Needs
The best way to find the best meat grinder that will suit your needs and specification is to start off by actually defining what your needs and specifications actually are. Here we will look at what your needs may be when you are buying a new meat grinder, and what features to look for in order to fill those needs. No two people will need the same thing, so it is important that you look at what you need specifically before you go and buy a brand new product, that you could potentially end up not being able to use.
Amount of meat
Although this has been mentioned before, it is important to note that the more meat you grind, the more powerful you need your grinder to be. This means that if you are a hunter you will have a lot more meat than most people, and you will need a more powerful meat grinder that will be able to cope with the frequent use after a successful hunt.
If you are simply buying fresh meat in order to create your own meat products then you will be able to go for a lower powered model that does not need to keep up with a hunt.
How often will you use it?
If you’re planning on using your meat grinder quite a lot then you will need to go for a model that will be able to keep up with how often you use it, and these will typically be a bit more expensive. If you’re planning on using it every few weeks or months then you won’t need as expensive a model, but you will need to properly care for, oil and store your meat grinder so that it doesn’t rust up or deteriorate and break in the time that you aren’t using it.
What are you grinding?
Some of the meat grinder options with lower wattage motors will seriously struggle with meat that has any gristle or bone in the meat, which can naturally occur in any meats. If you are planning on using your grinder for pet food or to grind meat after a hunt then it is best to get an option that is powerful enough to cope with some bone within the meat, as if it cannot cope with it then it could break the grinder and you will find yourself having to buy a new one sooner than you expected to.
A manual meat grinder obviously needs a lot more work than an electrical meat grinder will, as it has a hand crank that is used to grind the meat, yet an electrical grinder still needs a certain amount of strength, particularly if you plan on storing the machine away when it is not in use. Some models can be very heavy to move and clean, and this makes it difficult to use for those who are more petite or slightly older. Make sure that if you struggle with heavy lifting that you look for a model that will be easy enough for you to carry and move.
When you’re buying a new appliance you need to make sure that it will actually fit in your kitchen and your cupboards. Make sure to note the dimensions of your machine rather than simply buying any machine, as you could potentially en up with a machine and nowhere to put it. This is especially important in smaller kitchens with less cupboard space and smaller side boards, as you don’t want to have a machine that takes up more space than you want it to.
Although a slightly more superficial factor to consider, it is still important to think about the design of your meat grinder, especially if you are going to be keeping it on the counter top on a regular basis. There are lots of brands that offer a number of different designs and colours, however most options are made from stainless steel. If you want a kitchen that looks cohesive and really tied together then make sure that you look into finding a meat grinder design that will fit with the design and style of your kitchen and other appliances.
If you are looking to do a lot more with your meat grinder then you may want to look into a product that comes with a lot of different features and accessories, rather than having to buy these accessories separately for an extra cost. Most products will offer advanced options of a meat grinder that will give you all of the accessories and features at a discounted price. This saves you money but also gives you the options and freedoms for a more professional style of meat grinder that will do all of the things that you need it to.
There are a number of different materials that meat grinders are made from, the most popular being stainless steel. When you are purchasing your meat grinder it is important to look at what these different materials need in terms of cleaning and upkeep, and what you can feasibly keep up with, as this will help you to find the option that is best for you. Stainless steel has the lowest amount of upkeep, but all metals will need washed and dried properly, as well as being oiled in order to keep the mechanism properly lubricated and working well.
Tips, Tricks and Advice
Once you have actually purchased your meat grinder you can start thinking about all of the things that you are going to do with it. There are a number of different things that you can do with a meat grinder, and we will give you some tips on that in this part of the article, but we will also help you to properly look after and maintain your meat grinder so that you can keep it lasting as long as possible. Keep reading for some handy tips, tricks and advice on owning a meat grinder and all of the things that you can do with one.
Keep it safe
All meat grinders come with a handy plastic foot to help you push the meat into the grinder and through the grinding mechanisms. Make sure that you always, always use the meat pusher to push the meat through the mechanisms in order to be ground, as failing to do so can cause serious injury. The foot is there for a reason, so please, make sure that you use it and keep your fingers well out of the way. If, for some reason you cannot find your plastic foot then find another strong plastic utensil that will perform a similar job.
Make sure that your meat is properly prepared before you begin to grind it, as meat that is not properly prepared can clog the mechanisms and potentially break the machine. Cutting the meat into even strips will help the meat to flow through the machine properly, and make sure that you get rid of as much bone and gristle that you can find, as this can also jam and damage the inner mechanisms of the meat grinder and cause it to break later on down the line. This will leave you with a big repair bill or even the cost of a new meat grinder.
Cold Meat is Good Meat
Although it may seem strange, the colder the meat and the meat grinder, the better the grind is. Warm meat can end up mashing and clogging within the mechanism and this can damage the meat grinder. It helps to refrigerate the prepared meat for a little while before you being grinding it, and try to keep the meat grinder in a cold room so that both elements are kept cold so that you get a successful grind every single time.
Cleaning the Grinder
Cleaning your meat grinder is one of the most important parts of meat grinder ownership. Raw meat hosts a lot of bad bacteria, and this can cause for the growth of bacteria, and caught meat can end up rotting, and all of this can get you very sick. Make sure that you separate and scrub each part of the meat grinder as much as possible and then dry with a clean towel. Once the parts are dry then wash the towel before reusing in order to reduce the spread of bacteria. This will keep the grinder clean and you healthy.
Oil it up
Oiling the parts of the grinder is also very important, as this keeps the parts from grinding against each other and causing undue damage. Rubbing the parts with a little bit of vegetable oil on a cloth will help to keep the mechanisms working properly and will allow them to move freely and not damage other parts. Oiling the parts also reduces the risk of them rusting during storage, which damages the parts and can render them unusable. This keeps your meat grinder working as well as possible for as long as possible and makes sure that you make the most of the money you spent on your meat grinder.
Rice is Nice
This is not a necessity, but can be very useful. Any standing water or environmental moisture will cause the metal to rust and this will damage the parts in the long term. To avoid this you can store the meat grinder in a bag or box that is filled with rice. The rice absorbs the moisture in the air or any moisture left on the parts so that they are fully protected from rust and natural deterioration so that you get the most durability from your meat grinder.
We hope that this article has helped you to find the best meat grinder for your needs. As always, we have carefully researched every aspect of the meat grinders that we have suggested to you here so that we can offer you an extensive breakdown of each product. As well as being able to suggest the best products and brand to help you in your search for a brand new meat grinder that will fit your needs, we have carefully researched all of the features and needs that you may have.
We understand that everyone’s needs are different, and this is why we have developed an extensive walkthrough of your needs and how to define them so that you can find the product that will fit them properly. All you need to do is read through our handy guide and take not of the aspects that you think most apply to you.
We understand that finding a new product can be an arduous task, and this is why we go above and beyond to help you find what your needs are and suggest a range of products that will be able to fill your needs. We hope that you have enjoyed this article and hope to see you soon in any future purchases that you may e considering and would like a helping hand with.